Master of Physiotherapy Paediatric syllabus comprises four semesters in two years. In the first year, the Master in Physiotherapy Paediatric course core subjects will be taught and in the last year, you will be given an opportunity to select the area of specialization.
The M.Sc Physiotherapy Paediatric degree students should also have the capability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. You must have critical thinking such as using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Problems covered in this Master of Physiotherapy field also include flat feet, gait problems, torticollis, hypermobility, arthritis, or knee problems in the bone and joint field. Pediatric Physiotherapy also takes care of developmental disorders and brain and nervous system complications.
MSc Physiotherapy Paediatric major subjects:
The subjects of the Master in Physiotherapy Paediatric course consist of subjects related to physiotherapy and its modern techniques and methods. The syllabus of the M.Sc Physiotherapy Paediatric degree differs with the area of specialization.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems
- Instrumentation for Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Normal Motor Development
- Biomechanics of Tissues and Structures of Musculoskeletal System
- Maternal and Child Care in General Physiotherapy
- Introduction to Biostatistics and Research Methodology
- Clinical Symptomatology, Pathophysiology, and Pathomechanics of musculoskeletal conditions
- Responses and adaptations of various systems to exercise and training
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Nervous System
- Development of Physiotherapy Profession
- Basic Probability and Sampling Distributions
- Health and Illness, Levels of Healthcare and Fitness
- EMG and Biofeedback
Recent Master in Physiotherapy Paediatric course graduates has pursued senior careers in healthcare policy, university lecturing, private practice, management, or highly specialist clinical practice. Several past physiotherapy students have used the Master of Physiotherapy successfully to gain funding for Ph.D. studies.
Finally, SPICA is the leading distance education institution in Coimbatore. Here we offer an M.Sc Physiotherapy Paediatric degree and all UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certificate programs in both distance and online modes of education. When you enroll in your distance education course from SPICA you can receive your study materials, regular syllabus, e-materials, enrolment ID, Previous year question papers, and ID cards without entering your registered university. Want to know more about courses, contact us.